Saturday, January 14, 2012

Critic's Choice =)

My Heatha'-  My boo-  My friend

And here we have it-  my other favorite person in this entire universe.  Heather Renee.  Even though we're not "family", I feel closer to her than even most of my kin.  She's STINKIN' AWESOME!!  Of all the people I've known my whole life, I've never had someone I really felt I NEEDED... except my Heatha'! 
Before I moved out of state, we made it a priority to spend at least one day a week together, if at all possible.  Those times got me through some of the hardest times of my life.  She is someone I feel that I can be absolutely retarded with, a little immature, and cause trouble with.  (wink wink)  Yet, at the same time, she is my most loyal confidantI confide in her about nearly everything.  Why??  Because I KNOW she cares.  Truly.  She has left no room for question.  She has been there to offer a hug when I was scared or fearful.  Her shoulder was always available when I just needed to cry like a big ol' baby.  When I was down and discouraged about things that did or didn't matter, she was there to listen- and do whatever it took to make me smile.  I love that girl!! 
 With our busy schedules, and 180 mile separation, we don't get to talk or visit as much as we'd like.... not even close.  Heather is a mom of three- and I have no children right now, so it's sometimes a little easier for me to break away from life and call her, then it is for her to call me.  So, there are a lot of times I call, and she just can't talk.  I totally understand.  I still know she loves me- cause when she does call, she dedicates at least 3 hours just for me.  *I feel so special!!*  Anyways, I remember one time I tried to call and she couldn't get a break to talk, and she sent me this text apologizing for "being a bad friend... and because I had to chase after" her all the time.  The first thought that entered my mind was, "Some friends are just worth chasin.'"  She is!
Not only is she a friend for my emotional, physical, and mental (lol)  needs- she is faithfully there to help me spirituallyEvery time I get off the phone with her, or leave a nice time of visiting her, I leave uplifted and encouraged.  Always.  My spirit feels free.  My heart feels light. I feel happy.  I feel supported.  I feel loved. 
I can always sense the sincerity in her words.  Her genuine love for the Lord is evident, and her desire to help His people and reach for the lost is obvious to anyone with opened eyes. 
She is incredibly talented, too-  that comes with an anointing.  And as amazing as she is, and yes, I mean AMAZING, she still finds words to brag on me... and push me on.  The many dreams in her heart do not stop her from helping me reach mine. We work together, we share good news, information that will help us succeed in our goals.  That's friendship!  Loving and appreciating someone so much it makes you just as happy to see them happy and excited about something, as you would be if it were all happening to youWe got that!  She's the only friend I can truly say understands me 100%.  She was a God send for me. When I've felt like Moses standing by myself with my arms raised, she's the one who comes up behind me and holds my arms for me.  She won't let me fail.  She'll refuse to let me give up.  I fully believe she'd do whatever it took to keep me pressing on... and with a big ol' cheesy grin on our faces... I'd make it through anything... cause she'd drag me by hair if she had to! 
 I want her to know how incredibly special she is to me.  How unbeatable her friendship is.  Of all the wonderful people in this world, she's one of the very best.  Hands down.
Heatha' from the Ghetta'...  YOU MY GIRL! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah... She's disgustingly GORGEOUS too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I am sitting here crying my eyes out...because I am soooo blessed too have someone this special in my life. Not only someone that is patient with my lack of time, but takes time out of her day to sit down and write something just about me!!! How awesome are you...I feel honored! Girl I think of you pretty much everyday and along with those thoughts I am always hoping and praying that soon you will be within a 10 mile distance from each me...I look forward to the time we will spend together again! Girl I love you so much and what you wrote just mirrors what I feel about you! I love you...don't you ever change, You are simply perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!! Well, I am so glad it touched ya! That was my whole purpose!!... and of course, I wanted to brag on ya to everyone else, too. But I really do think you should know how much you've impacted me! Of all my friends- there's just a special bond I feel with ya, chicky! So thankful for you!! I'll be thrilled to be closer to you again, too! Oh the fun we'll have- the mischief we'll get into! :) Can't wait!! Love ya, girl!

      Delete
    2. Awwwwwwwww!!!!! This is so sweet. Made ME want to cry!!! Heather is one of a kind, sweet, beautiful, has an awesome voice, great mama... the words can go on! :)

      Delete