Thursday, July 18, 2013

Too Much on Your Plate?

See this face?  Know that feeling?  Well, I sure do! Of all the exciting things that are coming with this big move, there are still quite a few that aren't as pleasant. You know what I mean, right? Having to search for the right job, getting a nice, yet reasonable, place to call your very own,  transferring licenses and car tags, putting down deposits, paying off final bills, yada, yada, yada! Oh. My. WORD!!! I found myself starting to feel a little frazzled and I could tell that sense of being overwhelmed was trying to take a hold. But, thank God, my faith kicked in before the tears ran out. I sat down my phone, shut the laptop, took a deep breath and began to utter these words, "Ok, God. Help me realize nothing is too hard or too much for You. Take away the stress, increase my trust, ease my nerves." Almost instantly I could sense a change. More peace came when I started quoting some of my favorite verses:
"When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I." Psalm 62:1 ~"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 ~"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee." Isaiah 26:3

In the hustle and bustle of this busy day we are in, there are so many people that are just overcome with stress, confusion, a sense of being lost... and they look in all the wrong places for answers.  It breaks my heart to hear that people turn to alcohol or drugs or sexual immoralities to try an ease those unwanted feelings.  What most don't realize is that becoming a victim of those things is only going to cause a lot more heartache and trouble.  It causes health issues, relationship problems, and more importantly, it puts up a barrier between them and God.

You can get relief from any stress or chaos you may be facing. I'm not saying the problem will definitely go away immediately, because it may take time. It's not 100% guaranteed that it will go away at all, because this is life, and sometimes we bring things on ourselves that can't be undone. However, I can promise you, that if you "cast your cares upon Him," you will notice a freedom and an awesome sense of lightness. You can know, without a shadow of a doubt, that it will be ok. He is the Creator of this universe and the Author of your life. What's the significance in that??? He can write out anything He needs to! If a change is needed, guess Who has all the power to make that change?  What a relief and joy it is to know that ALL you have to do is your little part. Anything that's beyond your control... well, that goes to Him. Watch Him work it out!

{If you haven't heard the amazing account of how God erased 2 years of what we thought would be unexpected tax debt, click on the "ExtraKrisB" tab, and read my personal story of how wonderfully God worked that out to our advantage. ("Fish Breath Never Smelled So Good")}

My good friend was supposed to have surgery on a cyst that had grown and changed shape significantly within a 3 month period.  The doctors had some concern that it may be a sign of ovarian cancer. She was nervous, as any of us girls would be. She has a husband and small children that she worried over at times. But, she also has a God that is a Healer and a Miracle Worker! She prayed, and had others pray, and we placed our faith in the God that is capable of all things. She went back in just two days before her surgery to get a final ultrasound, and SURPRISE SURPRISE!! The cyst was completely gone!

Another lady our church had been praying for, had a husband and 3 young children. She had been diagnosed with cancer a few months back.  Last week our pastor shed tears as he gave in a request to pray for her family, for the doctors had called all the family in. They were only expecting her to live a few more days.  Once again, God had a change of plans! As the family was all gathered in the waiting room, expecting the worst, the little son of the precious lady ran out crying, "Mama's not going to die! Mama's not going to die!" The doctors did another scan, and EVERY OUNCE of cancer was gone! The night they expected her to leave this life, she simply left the hospital to go home with her family!

I wanted to share these stories with you, because when I see how serious these needs were, mine seem so small! And if God can take care of the big situations, he can move for me, too! No matter how big or little the situation, He cares and He will do what's best.  Don't live life overwhelmed. Live it with joy! If your plate is piling up today, give it to Jesus! It's never too much for Him. He never intended for us to take care of everything on our own. He wants to show us what He can do so we can bring Him glory through it! Take comfort in that, my friend!

Empty that plate!

2 comments:

  1. This truly touched my heart ... this.is amazing kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that! Thanks, girl! I appreciate you!!

      Delete