Saturday, October 29, 2011

Why ME.N.U. ?



If you're wondering why I chose a name like ME.N.U for my blog, let me explain what my crazy mind was thinking. I wanted a name that would describe my day-to-day lifestyle. A title that would be easy to elaborate on in an effective way to share my life's goals. I was looking for words that communicated correctly the definition of the origin of my happiness and ambitions. I was thinking of names like, "Livin' Out Loud," and "Outliving my Life," and "Free...," yea... I couldn't think of a name I was fully happy with. So... when I paused and thought of what my life was really about, I realized it was all because I lived life in HIM. Anything good I've been given, even goals... anything good I will have, even dreams... all come from Him... for His glory.

If you remember in my first entry, Appetizer, you'll remember that I said here recently I've just had this overwhelming ZEAL for a life to it's fullest. That's so true. I have finally realized that a relationship with the Creator of all things is how to get there.

Think with me. You know how when you're wanting to get something you want (non-selfishly) it's always said, "Get in good with the boss." That can be said of anything and anyone. On the job- if you make your manager/supervisor angry on a regular basis, do you really think they're going to give you that promotion? Kids- if you're disrespectful to your parents, do you honestly believe they'll let you invite your friend over? Or if you never listen to your teacher at school, can you truly picture them helping you individually raise your grade just so you can make the ball team? NO. It's just probably not gonna' happen. They want to know you care about what they're trying to teach you.. They need to be sure you're doing your absolute best. If this can be said of you, more often than not, your leaders will be willing to help and support you. And if they really understand and are called into leadership, they will WANT to help you get what you want and see you succeed.

How much more, then, would Jesus want to help His child? Not that this is why I serve Him, but it is a benefit that He "daily loadeth me" with. The desires HE has placed in my heart are there for a reason. I need to ask HIM about how to get there. No one else. I do believe in having the utmost respect for your authority, because He places them in your life for a reason, too. However, when you begin to confide in them and lean more on their words than on HIS, your relationship with Him loses its value. The reason my husband and I stay so close is because we tell each other everything. And because we care more about each others opinion and happiness than everyone else around us. If I began to call my best girlfriend up or my sister and tell her things I didn't tell my husband... or if I cared more about doing what she wanted than I did about his desires, the closeness of our relationship would drastically change. Now I tell my girlfriends a lot. I tell my sister even more. BUT, the relationship between me and my spouse is incomparable.

With this being said, the closeness between me and my Lord is closer still. It took a while for me to realize I had lost that. I had gotten too wrapped up in caring about everyone else's opinion... tried to focus on accomplishing their goals for my life... changed my desires to be what they wanted me to be so they could use me the way they wanted to use me. The bond I had shared with my Jesus was slowly dissolving and therefore my joy... my purpose.

Yet, when I finally reached the place I could take it no more, I prayed so earnestly that God would lead me. It was a little difficult drowning out all the voices around me, but slowly YET surely, I learned to concentrate hard enough that only HIS voice could be heard. Now it's pretty easy. And my joy... it's unspeakable.

My Christian life is now back to it's foundation. Its first love. MY JESUS. That's all I worry about. That's all I think about. And He has made EVERYTHING fall right into its proper place that I had moved around time and time again. I know my life will be different than others probably expected. I am sure some will say I've got it all wrong. I have no doubts that it's all okay. My life is about me living in Christ. My life is a MENU. There's awesome things in it. There's sweet things available. There's things I'm not gonna like a whole lot. There's going to be "entrees" that I will want to add to or take away from to fit my appetite just right. But that's what makes it flavorful. Jesus wrote up my menu. And the coolest thing is, no matter what I'm served- it's my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment