Friday, July 19, 2013

Critic's Choice =)

 A post dedicated especially to my sweetheart is way past due! I sit here now filled with unexplainable gratitude to God for blessing me with such a wonderful, handsome man! Aaron Guy. That name means the world to me! He gets up every day and greets me with a kiss on the forehead and tells me good morning. He works hard all day to make sure he is providing for our family. He comes home looking for a hug, and before he falls asleep, he takes my hand and we pray together. He helps me with all my housekeeping responsibilities, he's giving, he's genuine and kind. He wants to go to church with me, and once we're there, I watch him get in and worship the God I love. He treats me with respect and listens to my opinion. And he knows how to balance that with gentle, yet stern, guidance.

I have watched, firsthand, as marriages have fell apart. I've seen men treat with their wives with absolutely no respect. I've seen men who act selfishly with no regard for anyone but themselves. I've watched as men put their wives down... as a form of comedic entertainment. There have been countless conversations I've had with other ladies who admit that their husbands do nothing to help them around the house. It's broken my heart to hear other women cry over how their spouse refuses to attend church with them, despite the many pleads they present.

Ladies, if you have a man that tries his utmost best to be what you need him to be, be thankful!  More importantly, show him that thankfulness! One of the sweetest parts of our relationship, at least I think, is the fact that we send texts to each other throughout the day, every day! We're going on 7 years, and I still feel like we've just begun dating. He's let me know how much he appreciates the texts from me. The more random, the better.  It lets him know I'm thinking of him.  And, I try to remember at least a couple times a month to make sure he understands how grateful I am to him for wanting and striving to live as Christ would have him live.  In this culture, things are hard, especially for men.  I don't take it lightly that my husband avoids every avenue of temptation possible.  That shows his moral character, his love for me, and his devotion to Christ. I've noticed that when I tell him how much I appreciate him for that, he tries even harder to make his respect and loyalty to me more apparent. That's how we are still so happy and so close! We both try to make the other feel as special and as important as possible.

He makes me smile... quite often.  And, when I make him laugh, I feel like I've accomplished something so wonderful!  So, we keep each other laughing a lot!  I listen to him when he talks about fishing poles, and hunting rifles, and how he installed an a/c unit at work... even though I don't have a clue about hardly any of those things! But you know what, he's noticed that... and he listens to me when I'm being an emotional woman, or I'm talking about a cute shirt, or some amazing shoes.  We are best friends... and I wouldn't trade the closeness we have for anything or anyone or anywhere in the world!  I feel that every day is a dream because of this man. I am very grateful for him, and so thankful that God led me to him.  I don't know how my life would have been without him. I don't ever care to find out!  He's so precious... so sweet. He's talentedHe's incredibleHe's mine!

1 comment: